Share in Our Accomplishments and Our Goals!
Help us Close Out 2015 with a Bang!
Be a changemaker & help us launch into 2016 with strength as we build a Charity 2.0 Platform & seek to continue to leverage Bitcoin for good.
Help us meet our goal of $25,000 to close out 2015!
As we close out 2015, we are grateful for the opportunities BitGive was able to foster and take part in. We are excited for what is in store for 2016, but need your help to make another successful year possible!
Since our founding in 2013, we have partnered with international relief efforts, local charities seeking to create better communities, and carried out global campaigns to encourage giving in Bitcoin. Check out the international partnerships we have formed below (click below to enlarge image).
Image credit: Jon Holmquist and BitBrands
Perhaps one of the most impactful moments for our team was our Founder and Executive Director’s trip to Kenya to witness the completion of the water well we were able to raise funding for with your support. Through your donations in Bitcoin, we were able to partner with The Water Project to unlock the potential of the girls at the Shisango School in Kenya.
BitGive Highlights of 2015
- Shisango Girls School, Kenya – Water Well Completion with The Water Project
- Medic Mobile Campaign Complete – Nepal Earthquakes Strengthening Health Systems
- SXSW 2015 – The First Full-blown Bitcoin Event at SXSW
- United Nations 70th Anniversary – Bitcoin Representatives among 70 Top Digital Leaders
- Mainstream Press Coverage – Entrepreneur, WSJ, Fortune, & Inside Philanthropy
- Leadership & Charity Efforts at Latin American Bitcoin Conference – Mexico City
- Launch of Bitcoin Charity 2.0 and Donation Transparency Project
The Donation Transparency Project is our flagship project as we enter 2016, and we have many other projects in store for leveraging bitcoin and blockchain technology for the nonprofit sector.
As the holidays are upon us and the tax year closes, here’s how you can support BitGive while going about your normal holiday and end-of-year activities!
Make a tax-deductible donation to BitGive!
BitGive is the first official government-recognized nonprofit, which means we can provide US taxpayers with a tax write-off for your end-of-year contribution! You may wish to make a donation to offset anything you might owe – this way you are contributing to a good cause instead of sending those hard earned BTCs to Uncle Sam! Even better – use LibraTax to help you identify the most beneficial coins to donate! We offer the same tax benefits as Fidelity Charitable, and we hold in Bitcoin! Check out our mention in this Forbes article on Bitcoin at Tax Time.
Other ways to support BitGive this holiday season:
- Do your holiday shopping on AmazonSmile, and choose BitGive as your choice charity. Amazon will donate 0.5% of your purchase price to BitGive, at no cost to you!
- Choose Tip Redirect on ChangeTip and pass your tips on to BitGive this holiday season.
- Shop for fancy luxury gifts at Bitcoin Metals and they donate 5% of sales to BitGive!